The Anglican Parish of South Wairarapa
Annual General Meeting
4pm Sunday 29th March 2015
St John’s Hall Fox Street Featherston
The Purpose of the AGM :
- To review the spiritual life and management of the parish.
- To enable the business of the parish to be carried out through the democratic election of officers.
- Approval of Minutes AGM 2014
- Matters Arising
- Warden’s Report: Anne Firmin & Bob Reed
- Overseas Mission Report: Rev Glenys Hansen
- Property Report: Malcolm Milne
- Vicar’s Report: Archdeacon May Croft
- Financial Report: Colin Carruthers, Peter Croft
- Election to Parish Office: Peoples Warden
Vestry Members (Max of 10)
- Appointment of Vicar’s Warden
- General Business
- Closing Prayer
The Role of Vestry (from the Diocesan Canon)
The Governance Body:
- The Vestry is the governance body for the church.
- To enable the Vestry to discern the will of God for the parish, the foundation of its work is corporate prayer, reading the scriptures, and reflection.
Primary Calling of Vestry:
The primary calling of the vestry is to –
- Promote the worship of Almighty God; and
- Provide all things that are necessary for the ordering of public worship; and
- Discern, articulate and be committed to the mission and vision of the parish; and
- Foster the spiritual growth and wellbeing of the parishioners; and
- Lead parish congregational change where this is appropriate; and
- Observe best practice in its governance of the parish.